Here's the lovely sofa from Francais Couture stamp set ( Stamp ref: 2400074a) set Dimension Stamps. This time I used it for a masculine retirement card and it works perfectly!
How To Make
- First I attached a piece of burgundy and cream striped backing paper to an A5 cream card.
- Then I die cut a cream scalloped oval stamp and stamp on a background using stamps from Mr Sophisticated stamp set (stamp ref: 2400026a) and “Retirement” Grand Word Perfect 2 (stamp ref: 1803069a) in memento rich cocoa. To finish it off I distressed with Tea Dye all over and working Aged Mahogany around the outside edge to make it a lot darker.
- Next I stamped the sofa twice onto brown card in black ink and again onto red card with an extra round cushion.
- Colour in the buttons on the red sofa in black.
- Then cut out one of the brown sofas and the arms and back swirls from the other brown sofa, cut out the fabric from the red sofa and the extra round cushion, and attach to the brown sofa with the arms and back swirls, 3D gloss all the brown parts on the sofa.
- Next stamp “On Your Retirement” into the banner frame (from Grand Word Perfect 2 stamp ref: 1803069a) in black pigment ink and clear emboss it.
- Then stamp the top hat and cane (from Mr Sophisticated) onto brown card in black ink, colour in the ribbon on the hat and the top of the cane.
- To finish the card attach the oval to the bottom of the card with the red “On Y our Retirement” above it with foam pads, attach the sofa to the oval with the hat and cane on the sofa, 3D gloss the hat and cane.