Every time I visit Dimension Stamps whether it be at a show or at the shop, I pick up a few stamps that I wouldn't normally use and I have to use them to make a couple of cards.
Here's how I am getting on......
SHED WITH INSIDE DOORS (ref: 1402019A )
Faye sent me this stamp and am I sure glad she did, I had so much fun making these!
* Lightly distress a 14.8cm x 8cm piece of handmade green paper with Forest Moss, attach to the bottom of a pale blue A5 card.
* Stamp three trees onto the blue card, so the tops of the trees are about 2.5cm to 3.5cm from the top of the card, in Memento Rich Cocoa, colour in the trees with promarkers.
* Stamp some birds in the sky, using Memento Tuxedo Black, colour if needed.
* Emboss or stamp a 14.8cm x 11.5cm piece of light gray card, with a paving stone look, (I used Creative Expressions Crackle EF-005).
* Cut away some of the bottom two corners, so it looks like a path going up the grass, attach to the bottom of the card.
* Onto dark yellow card stamp the shed in Rich Cocoa, ( you will need to stamp it more than once if you wish to decoupage it like I did), distress lightly with Vintage Photo or Tea Dye ink, attach part way up the paving stones with 3D glue.
* Stamp the bird table in Tuxedo Black onto brown, tan and cream card, (birds and bird table from Bird in the hand) cut out the brown one, the table and house from the tan and the roof from the cream card glue together, attach to the left hand side of the shed with 3D glue.
* Stamp a wheelbarrow onto brown card in Tuxedo Black, cut out and glue to the bottom left hand corner, add some punched flowers and leaves.
* Stamp the wellies onto green card in Tuxedo Black, cut out shape and gloss varnish them, attach to the bottom of the path, stamp and cut out a fork and trowel colour them in and attach near the wellies.
* Stamp Do not disturb onto cream card in Rich Cocoa, cut out edge in Rich Cocoa, add two flowers and leaves, attach inside the wellies.
* Punch out some plant pots and stack in the bottom right hand corner, add some gold glitter glue to the flowers, (I put some plant pots in the shed and stamped some crystal tips tools on a shelf).
* Tear a piece of yellow parchment card to fit across an A5 pale blue card (landscape) so the tear is just over half way up, randomly stamp some tuffs of grass in Memento Bamboo Leaves in the top 3cm.
* Distress lightly with Tea Dye and Scattered Straw, attach to the bottom of the card.
* Lightly distress the blue part of the card with Stormy Sky.
*Die cut two windblown fences, white seabirds and gray piling, (Sizzlits Coastal set 38-9692), distress the pilling with Tea Dye and colour the rope with promarkers, the seabirds feet in gray, and brown over the marks in the fence.
* Cut out some stepping stones from gray card, distress in Scattered Straw.
* Stamp the shed in Rich Cocoa onto light gray card, (if you wish to decoupage the shed it need to be stamped a few more times), distress with Weathered Wood, colour the window frames and roof in pale blue and the door hinges in gray.
* Glue the fence to each side of the card, so most of the fence is over the sand, attach the shed in the middle of the fence about 2cm down.
* Make a wavy line of stepping stones from the shed door to the right hand side of the card.
* Shape the pilling and attach with 3D glue to the bottom left hand corner, glue the standing seabird to the lower piling and the flying seabird in the top left hand corner.
* In the bottom right hand corner stamp or die cut Happy Retirement in dark turquoise, I had a dome sticker with a star fish on so placed it next to the words.
Tractors (ref: 1703036A)
My daughter picked this one out and I was a little nervous about making these cards at first, but as soon as I got going the ideas got flowing.
Blue Tractor Card
* Onto a 14.2cm x 14.2cm piece of white card, in Tuxedo Black stamp row tree tops or bushes across the bottom of the piece of card, and part of a tree down each side, colour in with green and brown promarkers.
* Stamp some birds in the top of the card colour if need, distress the top half of the card in Stormy sky, and the bottom with Scattered Straw going right to the edge of the card, edge the top of the card Stormy Sky, the bottom in Scattered Straw.
* Onto a 9cm x 7.5cm piece of white card in Tuxedo Black stamp the tractor and some birds colour the bird if needed, distress as above and edging the card with the two colours.
* Centrally attach to the square card with foam pads. Tie some black raffia around the bottom of the card, and centrally attach to medium blue 14.8cm x 14.8cm square card.
How to make..
* Tear a piece of light green card to fit across an A5 card (landscape) so it’s about 3cm narrower, and a piece of pale of gold so you can see about 2cm of green card top and bottom.
* Scrunch up and open out both pieces, distress the green with Forest Moss, and the pale gold with Tea Die.
* Attach the gold card across the middle of the green card. Cross and tie some black raffia around the two, and centrally attach to an A5 white card.
* Onto a 7.5cm x 9.5cm piece of white card stamp the tractor, and to a 2.5cm x 7.5cm piece of white card stamp Happy Birthday in Memento Tuxedo Black, colour parts of the tractor in red promarker.
* Round off the corners on the Happy Birthday and distress with Forest Moss, distress the top half of the tractor in Stormy Sky, and the bottom half with Scattered Straw.
* Attach the tractor with foam pads to the right hand side of the card, attach Happy Birthday on an angle to the left hand side of the tractor under the raffia.
* Die cut three leaves browns and oranges scrunch up open out and glue to the bottom left hand corner.
Robots (ref:1806129A )
* Onto a 13.5cm x 13.5cm piece of white card stamp the robots, oil can, padlock, screwdriver, and spanners in Memento Tuxedo Black, distress with Dusty Concord and Cracked Sapphire.
* Stamp a set of robots onto pale blue and light gray card in Tuxedo Black, colour the robot in the same colours on the blue and gray card, cut out all four robots back one of each colour onto white card, and cut out, with a craft knife cut two slits next to the hands of the flat head robot, and by the hand on the body of the other.
* Thread some gold ribbon in and out of the slits on the dome headed robot up over the hand so it’s not too tight glue this robot in the top left hand corner, now thread the ribbon in and out of the other robot, glue this robot in the bottom right hand corner, so you have bit of play with the ribbon, cut the ribbon so it hangs over the feet.
* Stamp Happy Birthday (I used the one from last Decembers Project Club), colour it in using the same colours as the robots, cut out each letter and glue to the gold ribbon.
* Overlapping the other two robots on an angle in the bottom left hand corner, trim off so you have just the heads and part of the bodies, use the legs and lower parts of the bodies in the top right hand corner.
* Mount onto a 14cm x 14cmpiece of white card, then onto a 14.8cm x 14.8cm medium blue square card.
Old Fashioned Phone (ref: 1405014A )
How to make....
* Onto a 14.2cm x 14.2cm piece of green backing paper, stamp the long border from the Vintage Fluttering flourishes (ref: 2400063a) set, along each side in Memento Tuxedo Black, distress with Forest Moss and attach centrally to a 14.8cm x 14.8cm craft card.
* Stamp the telephone onto a 6.5cm x 6.5cm square piece of green backing paper in Tuxedo Black.
* Distress with Forest Moss, mount onto a 7cm x 7cm square piece of craft card, attach centrally to the card with foam pads.
* Punch out five flowers from craft card, shape and attach one to each corner of the card, and one to the bottom right hand side of the telephone, add some toning glitter glue to each flower.
Now I have made these cards I just love this stamp! And it surprised me how easy they were to do...
For this card one I used the ink pot and pen are from Mr Sophisticated (ref: 2400026a ) the whole set worked so well with the skull stamp. The "Cool Birthday" is another Dimension Stamps Stamp (COOL BIRTHDAY VERTICAL ref: 1803090A ). To finish off I added the Die cut tree, key and a 21.
These two came together just as easy. The one on the left, I teamed the stamp up with a Tim Holtz on the edge die for the cogs. The one on the right I added a stamped rose. How Simple.......