I just love working with a Dimensions Stamps set called A Christmas Star (ref: 2400069A). I had been itching to try it out on parchment and I am very pleased with the results.
How to make
- Onto the right hand edge of a 20cm x 20cm square white card, stamp one of the swirls from the large poinsettia three times down the side in memento London fog.
- Using white stazon ink stamp the large poinsettia onto a 11.5cm x 20cm piece of parchment, and the flower head only four times more onto another piece of parchment.
- On the main stamped piece emboss from the back the leaves and flower head between the stamped white lines, colour the leaves green and the flower red I used a very soft pencil crayon.
- From the next four flower heads emboss and colour only the petals you will use from each flower, colour the centre of the top one in yellow or gold.
- Cut a 16.5cm x 20cm piece of dark green card, attach the parchment panel centrally to this just down the two long sides using perga glue.
- From parchment die cut two strips of lace (Tim Holtz Vintage Lace 657481) attach to the sides of the parchment panel , attach a piece of red ribbon over the two edges.
- Attach the green panel 0.5cm in from the left hand fold of the white card.
- Decoupage the rest of the poinsettia onto the parchment panel with perga glue.