Sunday 16 September 2012

Happy New Home

This month sees both my cousin and my niece move house, so I made the blue one first and like it so much I just changed the colours for my niece.



How to make:
  • The background was stamped in memento tuxedo black onto a 18.5cm x 18.5cm piece of white card, using any type of house stamp I could find in Dimension Stamps project club stamp sets, from toadstools to castles, but they all worked. And then distressed with scattered straw, dried marigold and rusty hinge.
  • I die cut some houses( Tim Holtz, Townscape 656919 ) from white card and distress with rusty hinge and aged mahogany, and attached to the bottom right hand corner of the card.
  • I then die cut a birdcage and two small flourishes from blue card ( Tim Holtz Cage Bird 656634 and Elegant Flourishes 656639), die cut a bird with wing and a key from dark blue pearl card, attach some beads to the holes in the bottom of the birdcage with silver wire, attach the wing to the bird and glue into the cage, using a blue brad attach the cage to the top right hand side of the card.
  • Attach two pieces of blue spotted ribbon down the left hand side of the card, attach the two flourishes  and three punched dark blue pearl leaves to the top of ribbon.
  • Using a blue brad attach the key to the end of one of the flourishes, with a blue brad attach a flower near the leaves and a dragonfly near the top of the cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment