Monday 6 June 2011

New Home

I wanted to make some cards that specifically used the door stamp and came up with a ‘New Home’ idea.

On a 15cm square white card, using black soot distress ink, colour in the bottom 3cms of the card to create the driveway. Then using fire brick and brushed corduroy distress ink colour in the rest of the card, working from side to side to give the effect of a wall.

Stamp the doorway twice, once each on a stone and brown coloured card using black ink. Cut out the stone card, cut out the full doorway, then from the brown card cut out just the doors and attach to the stone doorway. Stick the doorway off centre to the right of the card, leaving enough room for a greeting in the top left corner.

I used the planter and wellies stamps from April 2008 Project Club, and the tree from September 2009 Project Club to decorate around the doorway, however you can use whatever you have available. I added 3D glaze to the wellies to make them shine like new.

Don’t forget to add a greeting; this could be a banner, a plaque or just a mounted greeting.

The Dad card it is almost like the New Home card, only it’s on an A5 Cream hammer finished card to add texture to the stone wall. (I thought I had a stone wall mask, but could I find it while making the New Home card, oh no. It turned up a few days later, so I thought I could turn the New Home into a Father’s Day card). I used antique linen, wild honey, vintage photograph and brushed corduroy distressed inks over the stone wall mask to create a lighter coloured wall.

The letters were stamped onto green card using black ink. Once dry I then stamped over the letters with parts of the doorway, in a brown ink, these were cut out and shaped. After attaching them to the card, the letters were then 3D glazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment