Thursday 3 February 2011

Daughter's Designs

Hello, my name is Nic and I’m Sue’s youngest daughter.  When I joined in with the paper crafting hobby, my mum, sister and I decided that we were buying too many stamps; some of which we would only use once or not at all. We soon adopted the thinking that unless we could come up with at least 3 card designs to use a stamp with, we wouldn’t buy it.

Although my mum has come up with several designs for Februarys project club stamps, she has asked my sister and I to design cards too, as we each have different styles and it shows more ways with which to use the stamps.

The initial inspiration for my card was simply the colour scheme: red, white and blue. Very patriotic! Originally I thought of having the mounted chocolate chunk and the ribbon on one side of a gatefold card and the ‘j adore chocolat’ on the other.
However as mum has used gatefold cards, I wanted to do something different, so I adapted the idea for a Delong card.

I also wanted to include the Eiffel tower stamp, but didn’t want it to be the focal point of the card, so using a pale grey ink; I stamped it into the bottom corner of my card so that the ribbons would come down over it.

As I was creating this card, I thought it would look nice in just black and white. As these two colours can be quite stark when used alone, I added some finishing touches; such as corner punches and gems, to soften the look of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment